Theatre of MagicTheatre of Magic was an early-1990's pinball machine produced by Midway under their Bally brand. The premise of the game is of a person gaining access to a theater at night and encountering all sorts of devices and machinery used in a stage magic act. Theatre of Magic is popular for its playability, graphics, and colorful artwork.
Various bonuses can be won by accomplishing the game's unique challenges:
- Theatre: The easiest sub-mission, simply complete "T-H-E-A-T-R-E" (which also lights Theatre Hurry Up) by shooting the left loop.
- Multiball: Collect Theatre Multiball (to light the locks in the inner loop, shoot the ramps to complete "M-A-G-I-C").
- Midnight: Advance the clock to Midnight (shoot right loop).
- Illusions: The hardest of the four goals. Shoot the trunk to light one of the following missions. Start them all to finish this sub-mission.
- Tiger Saw - Hit the Captive Ball for various animations of a tiger using the saw on different items.
- Levitating Woman - Shoot the Center Ramp for to score (11 million, increasing by one million each time).
- Trunk Escape - Shoot the Magic Trunk for four times to break the chains of a locked trunk.
- Spirit Cards - Shoot the Inner Loops/Spinner to award increasing points (500,000 per spin, increases by 250,000 each time the loop is shot).
- Safe Escape - Shoot the Inner Loops to unlock the safe.
- Metamorphosis - Shoot the Right Ramp to transform the assistant to various animals (12 million, increasing by four million each time).
- Strait Jacket - Escape the strait jacket as spikes are closing in. Hit the jet bumpers to push the hand closer to the freeing buckle (6 million per bumper, 60 million to finish it).
- Hat Magic - Shoot the trunk for different things being pulled out of the hat.